Kitchen is a central place in the house. It is one area which holds the focal point of the house, and performs the vital and significant role in our daily life. There is hardly any house without a kitchen. Kitchen is a portion in the house where food is cooked. Since our birth, we saw our grandmother and mother preparing food in the kitchen. The kitchen has developed and improved with new inventions and developments made from time to time. The kitchen has been modernized with sophisticated, fast, versatile and contemporary equipments. Today, the kitchen has a different and unique face with a modern design, style, pattern, texture, style, etc. The kitchen is no more a place where only food is prepared. It has become a room where besides cooking, meetings, discussions, and partying with family and friends happen. The look of the kitchen has changed from monotonous and dull, to happening, fresh, bright and classy.
Kitchen becomes complete with its components. Without them the function of the kitchen is impossible. All the components are dependent and interlinked with each other. Appliances, utensils, furniture, sinks, etc., are the components of the kitchen. These components make possible the smooth functioning of the kitchen.
The following components play an important role in the kitchen:
- Kitchen Furniture: Furniture in the kitchen is important, as they help in storing food stuffs and utensils, and maintain them from accumulating dirt. Furniture like cabinets, cupboards, dinning tables, etc., are essential, as they help in various activities in the kitchen, and keep the things in a well-organized manner, saving it from damage, breakage, dirt and fungus.
- Kitchen Appliances: Appliances in the kitchen work as helping hands as they make cutting, chopping, grinding, blending, etc., possible without much efforts. Appliances are divided into two sets: brown goods and major goods, or small kitchen appliances and large kitchen appliance. Small appliance like mixer, blender, toaster, oven, rice-cooker, juicer, cutter, peeler etc., helps in doing minor work, which needs a lot of physical strength. Refrigerator, microwave oven, etc., are large kitchen appliances. Both these types of kitchen appliances are necessary, as they make the process of cooking easy, fast, and efficient.
- Kitchen Floor: Floor in the kitchen is important, and needs to be maintained well and kept clean. Liquids, dirt, food items, etc., easily fall on the floor, and makes the kitchen floor wet and dirty. So, it is necessary to have kitchen floors, which can be cleaned, and maintained easily.
- Kitchen Sinks: The sinks in the kitchen makes the process of washing and cleaning possible. They are available in an array of designs, styles, materials, shades etc. They make washing and rinsing possible, with no splash and splinter.
- Kitchen Countertops: They make the process of cutting, chopping, and placing things on them possible. They are available in a variety of designs, materials, patterns, styles, etc.
- Kitchen Tiles: Tiles in the kitchen can be used on the floors, as well as on walls. These tiles of various materials, designs, styles, etc. help in giving the kitchen an elegant and sophisticated look.
- Kitchen Lighting: Lighting the kitchen makes the area appear bright and elegant. Lighting can be done in cabinets, sinks, cupboards, etc. This makes the area bright, and things can be visible, and easily found and placed.
There are many things in the kitchen that can be remodeled, replaced, or upgraded from time to time. Few changes made in the kitchen makes the atmosphere fresh, bright, elegant, and sophisticated. Kitchen is the life of the house, and it should be well maintained, and upgraded from time to time, which makes you feel pleasant, and also attracts the attention of the guest.